For the pastry:
For the glaze:
- Place the gammon in a large saucepan
- Add the bay leaves, rosemary, black peppercorns, cloves, chopped onion, chopped carrot, brown sugar, vinegar, sliced garlic and enough water to cover the gammon.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until cooked (about 60 minutes)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
- Remove the gammon from the pot and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Line a roasting tray with foil and brush it with oil and place the gammon on the tray
- Stir the marmalade, Dijon mustard, sugar and orange juice together and spoon over the gammon.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until it looks fantastic
- Rest for 20 minutes and carve into slices.